Salix alba ‘Corvinus’ is a fast-growing white willow variety resulting from a special selective breeding process. Due to its longer vegetation period and extreme growth, this variety can produce significant biomass yields. It is a tree-shape variety with strong shoots, producing woodchips and fuelwood that contains a lower ratio of bark. It has a great environmental adaptation ability and is the most resistant variety to insects and causative agents.
Available in the form of 20-30 cm cuttings, larger sizes available upon request.
- Short rotation coppices (SRC), with a rotation period of 2-3 years
- Up to 10 rotation periods are possible
- 22 atrotonnes/ha/year biomass on good soil
- Excellent productivity on average soils as well
- Easy cultivation and harvest – suitable for large areas
- 1. variety in Hungarian field comparison tests
- Biomass plantations
- Afforestation projects
- When planted with wider planting spaces, it can produce quality roundwood
Price: from 0.4 GBP / cutting
Delivery available for 2024 Spring planting season.
Please get in touch with us directly to place an order: